So after watching the gorgeous and hilarious Jaclyn Hill’s ‘Ride or Die makeup tag’ challenge video, and seeing fellow beauty bloggers compiling their own, I was inspired to get my thinking cap on and list my ride or die makeup products!
Makeup has been my absolute favourite past time for as long as I can remember and I have tried and loved SO many products so this has been as tough as I expected – but I did it, AND I have stuck to the rules and have only chosen 1 item per category (albeit leaving me riddled with guilt for leaving out so many other loyal & beautiful babies!).
Admittedly, I have always been a bit of a beauty snob/geek so have always bought what’s recommended, tried and tested so I’ve not had much makeup that I less than love, so these products I am listing are very close to my heart!
Let’s do this…
- Foundation.. Dior Forever fluid – This is the most skin perfecting, flawless, lightweight and totally stunning foundation that I have ever used! It’s very build-able, covers imperfections like a dream and makes my skin look literally pore-less! I have had so many bottles of this and always go back to it. Sadly I don’t have a bottle at the moment as I’ve had fun trying lots of other amazing (and cheaper) foundations but as I am writing this am definitely feeling compelled to splash out on more very soon, especially with summer on it’s way as this stuff is sweat and weather proof AND has spf20. A perfect foundation!
- Primer.. Benefit POREfessional – I LOVE this primer because it literally fills in your pores, and leaves your skin feeling so silky smooth! Makeup goes on like a dream and stays looking flawless all day. I’ve tried many other amazing primers with different finishes and skin benefits, especially recently but this old favourite is the one I always go back to whether my skin is having an oily or dry spell (and yes I have experienced both of late, its weird). So whether I want a matt or glowy face, this doesn’t seem to interfere with any look!
- Concealer.. MAC Pro Longwear – Now I know there’s a good chance my mind may be changed by the time I try others on the market and hugely raved about of recent times, but as far as the concealers i’ve tried goes, this stuff is amazing! I have no doubt that I will always come back to this as there is no way I can fault it! It gives me such a flawless finish and stays put without creasing all damn day!
- Face powder.. MAC mineralise skinfinish – This face powder is beautiful! It sets my makeup perfectly, without looking too matte or powdery. I absolutely love the natural finish it gives. I have it in a few shades for when I’m darker/lighter and even one for bronzing which I also love.
- Under eye setting powder.. RCMA Translucent powder – I have only recently started using this and I honestly cannot imagine life without it! I bake my under eye concealer using this, and that moment I sweep this silky powder away is literally the most satisfying makeup moment of all time! My under eye looks so well concealed and flawless yet looks and feels like pure silk, not cakey at all! Whoever invented both baking and this product, I salut you!
- Blush.. Nars Orgasm – This pretty little cult favourite is just that, a cult favourite for a reason! It is so flattering and has just the right amount of shimmery glow to make you look fresh faced and radiant! I find it very hard not to pop this on my cheeks whenever I do my makeup.
- Bronzer.. Benefit Hoola – Again, another product I have gone back to time and time again for many years! It has the perfect shade, not orange, not too grey. So can be used for contouring as well as a sun-kissed bronzed look. I love the fact it has no shimmer as I like to save that for blush and highlight.
- Highlight.. Becca & Jaclyn Hill’s Champagne Pop – Firstly, how amazing is this name for a highlight? ‘Champagne pop’ is just genius if you ask me, so fun and depicts the product perfectly! This pressed shimmer is SO pigmented so a little goes a very long way so I would just warn you to be careful when applying because it packs a punch! The colour is just beautiful too and flatters any skin type or makeup look with the mixture of peachy, gold, and pink tones. I have LOVED so many highlighters but this one has to win hands down.
- Mascara.. Lancôme Hypnose Star – This stuff is AMAZING!!! No other mascara has ever come close and will be very hard to beat. It makes my eyelashes look almost false, (I’m not that blessed) it keeps them lifted all day and builds incredibly without clumping. Aww I really do love this mascara and need to treat myself to some more!
- Lipstick.. MAC Faux (satin) – I am a sucker for MAC, dusky rose lip shades and a beautiful satin finish so this is hands down my favourite every lippy! Its subtle enough and beautiful for an every day look, or amped up with a good over lined lip using a liner (MAC soar is a great match) for an evening look. The satin finish in MAC lippys is my favourite too as it’s not matte but not shimmery/glossy so is so wearable.
- Liquid lip.. NYX soft matte lip cream – Now I see SO many liquid lipsticks every day on instagram I feel like I’ve tried them all, when in reality I have only tried this one brand (wow this sounds so bad now I say it out loud, do I even qualify to like makeup? Jokes!) and I am sure I will get around to purchasing some very soon as I feel it will be a new addiction at one point, but for now I am abstaining! But so far I must say I am enjoying these very much. I have two shades, Cannes and Tokyo and will definitely be trying more, along with other NYX types and other brands.
- Lip gloss.. Clinique long last gloss wear – This gloss is fab, its thick, but not gloopy if you get me? A small amount makes you lips pop and just last ages as the name suggests! I remember trying this years ago in a different shade of pink but more recently I’ve been using ‘girls night out’ which is a very flattering pink tinted sheer gloss with slight shimmer that goes with any look!
- Lashes.. Red Cherry #47 – These are just the bomb! they are the perfect design, shape and everything else needed for me! My eyes are quite big so I get away with these. Eyelashes are a personal preference so I can’t recommend these for everyone but for me, they are my current ride or die!
- Eyeshadow palette.. Morphe 35k – If I am honest I don’t really have a ride or die palette, as I’ve kind of gone from one to the other using my particular favourites from each, but i recently bought my first Morphe palette and I have to say I am really stoked right now! The colours of the 35k palette are all neutral and right up my street and the colour pay off is fantastic!
- Setting spray.. MAC fix plus – This stuff is great as brings makeup to life and sets it to a certain degree, although I can’t wait to try out all the new setting sprays around! Will always love this stuff though!
- Perfume – Jimmy Choo, Jimmy Choo – Ok so this is officially the hardest to pick a ride or die for, as it totally depends on the event/day/whatever, I have many luxurious, expensive and non expensive scents, but if I could pick one I just love to use at any time of day or any kind of event it would have to be the original Jimmy Choo perfume called ‘Jimmy Choo’. It’s not the most luxurious perfume in the world but it sure does have a beautiful soft, fresh scent which I never tire of!
I can’t believe I managed it, but I sure hope you enjoyed! Im off to go give my other makeup some attention to stop the guilt 😉